Private counseling and therapy for people seeking to heal, change or transform their lives. I work with individuals, couples and teenagers, in-person in Boulder, Colorado, by Skype, FaceTime or phone from anywhere in the world.
Is Individual Therapy for Me?
At times life has its challenges and obstacles. Everybody needs a little bit of help and guidance sometimes. If that time has come for you, I am an open-minded person who won’t judge or label you and is skilled at truly listening and understanding. I am here as someone who has the experience and skills to help you overcome the blocks that are preventing you from living your life to the fullest. I can help you change your life and support you in creating and experiencing the joy and well-being that everyone wants and deserves in life.
Read the following list of challenges for which people seek individual therapy or counseling:
- Anxiety: (general or social anxiety, blushing, phobias, fear, panic attacks, insomnia and sleep issues; anxiety about speaking up or in front of others, performance or test taking)
- Relationship or Marriage Issues: (break-ups, divorce, communication issues, abuse, dating, intimacy and sexual issues)
- Trauma or PTSD: (emotional, mental or physical abuse experienced as a child or adult, sexual harassment and assault, accidents, loss of loved ones)
- Depression: (chronic or temporary, loneliness, self-worthlessness, mood disorders, sleep and fatigue issues.
- Loss and Grief: (death of loved one, relationship break-up, separation, divorce)
- Life Transitions: (life changes, career and job changes, lack of purpose or direction, disconnection from self or others, relocation, children off to college, difficulty deciding goals and intentions)
- Stress: (emotional, physical, health, relationships, family, divorce, workplace, building business or career, trauma response)
- Personality Issues: (OCD, procrastination, lack of self-discipline, quick temper, self-judgment or critical of others, perfectionism, difficulty with social interaction, loneliness)
- Poor Self-Esteem: (social anxiety and blushing, self-image or self-worth issues, lack of confidence, lack of assertiveness)
- Addictions: (drug or alcohol related, food, shopping, sex, computer)
- Work and Career: (anxiety around public speaking, giving presentations or interviews, career decisions, increasing clients or sales, balancing work, family and personal life, workplace stress, procrastination and decision making)
What are the Benefits of Therapy?
I can help you transform your relationships, situation or life. In a supportive environment a therapist can help you identify the issues, patterns, thinking and behaviors that are causing stress or holding you back from getting your needs and desires met.
Simply verbalizing worries and fears to a skilled therapist can have a tremendously powerful, positive affect on your life. As importantly, therapy helps people discover and gain access to their personal strengths and resources that will empower them to move forward freely into a happier, healthier, more fulfilling life. I often see my clients thrive and have greater success in school, their careers and businesses.
What Happens in Therapy?
Some therapists have a single or favorite approach. Whereas other therapists, such as myself, draw on several approaches. Therapy is best a collaboration taking into account many factors in consideration of each individual client. Some issues may have brief solutions, others may take longer.
The past may need to be explored, though it can be done without triggering further trauma or upsetting the client’s present life.
Always, it is the therapist’s job to create a safe environment and to listen deeply with care and empathy to the client. A relationship of trust is formed where all the client’s feelings, beliefs and experiences are fully welcomed. I take a relational and heart-centered approach, where there is an ease of communication between therapist and client. We are working together with your highest benefit always in mind.
Therapy is about helping people to heal and break out of stuck and stressful patterns. It is also about reconnecting to one’s self and others in a healthy way. And it is about healing and transforming anxiety, depression, and trauma so people can live full and satisfying lives.
“Timothy Long is a natural healer and his personality and natural skill lead to extraordinary emotional healing.” ~ Kathy
Ultimately, good therapy leads to letting go of the past and all feelings of being broken or feeling like a victim. We end up accepting, loving and forgiving ourselves, as well as everyone else. Eventually, we realize everything was our teacher, a blessing, and we open our hearts completely. Then you will experience the love you seek. My job as a therapist is to help you heal and move forward with your life as soon as possible.
Along with therapy I provide coaching and mentoring, offering ideas and guidance to help people fulfill their desires and goals. I also teach people how to manage stress and anxiety, and to achieve inner-peace. I take a holistic and positive approach to psychotherapy and coaching. Spirituality and mindfulness-based approaches are also included according to the client’s beliefs and inclinations.
Psychotherapy and Coaching Work
Life and people are precious. Therapy is a sacred journey and a transformative experience that allows people to heal and grow into a greater more fulfilling life. People become free of worries and obstacles, letting go of the troubles of the past, while discovering talents, capacities, and a level of joy that they often had no idea was within them or even possible in their lives.
“Perhaps it is one of the great blessings of life to find people who can see us shine when we don’t see it ourselves – Timothy certainly did that for me.” ~ Jennifer
Not the Same Old Therapy
This is not the same old psychotherapy. This is energy-based, process oriented, positive therapy that works in the present and is highly transformative. The results are real, life-changing and permanent. Many of my clients experience significant changes in a short period of time.
I have never-ending gratitude for being able to do this work for over 25 years, and for the many hundreds of clients that have put their faith in me. I have seen first-hand over and over, the capacity for people to heal and transform their lives from all kinds of challenges, even from the most difficult and horrendous of traumas. The core of the human spirit is truly miraculous. I absolutely love my work and it brings me great joy and peace seeing how this kind of healing work changes and transforms my client’s lives.
If you are ready to experience more freedom and joy in your life, read on…
Don’t put it off
Often clients tell me they wish they got into therapy earlier. They say they did not realize how helpful and useful it is. Don’t put off resolving issues that stand in the way of your health, wealth and happiness. Together we can change and transform your life in ways you can only imagine.
“I would love to thank you for your help, support and incredible healing and success to help me with my destructive behaviour. What you have achieved with me in such a short period of time, is unbelievable.” ~ Jovana, Australia (by phone)
I offer counseling and therapy services for teens, adults, individuals and couples.